Your health and safety in-centre (North Kensington)
Health and Safety
Ensuring the health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority. We continue to work hard to maintain a safe, Covid-secure environment for our students and staff, in line with the latest government guidance. These include:
- perspex screens in reception areas and other public spaces
- clear floor markings to help everyone maintain social distancing
- an enhanced daily cleaning regime to ensure that learning spaces are kept Covid-secure over time
- hand sanitising facilities throughout the building, and self-service cleaning equipment at workstations
- washrooms that are limited to use by only one person at a time
- posters throughout each college building, reminding us all of our collective responsibility to keep to these arrangements.
For a printable leaflet about the latest COVID-19 guidance at the college, please click here?
For more detailed information about safety and security, please click here
Security staff are present during opening hours and the College is monitored by 24-hour CCTV. Whilst the College endeavours to ensure all students, staff and visitors and their possessions are safe and secure, personal items should be kept with you at all times and are brought into the College at your own risk.
First Aid and Emergencies
If someone is taken ill or requires first aid for an injury or accident whilst at the College you should contact a member of staff or the Duty Manager. We have trained first aiders on site who will take appropriate action, depending on the nature of the incident.
Duty Manager and Emergencies
There is a Duty Manager available in the College from Monday–Friday, 9:00–20:00, during term-time.
In the event of an emergency call:
From an extension – 105
From a mobile – 07752 446456
Morley has a policy of fully investigating all incidents and accidents in order to reduce any possible risks or possibility of recurrences. If you have something to report please speak to your tutor, the relevant department, or speak to Reception and ask for the Duty Manager.
Fire Alarms and Drills
In the event of a fire alarm, it is essential that everyone evacuate the building as quickly as possible via the safest route and the nearest fire exit. Please ask your tutor for directions to the evacuation points if you are unsure. The alarms are tested once a week on Wednesdays and there will be regular fire evacuation drills.
For more information about emergency procedures at North Kensington: