The North Kensington Centre is a great place to study if you’re looking for that local college feel with a truly personal approach. A further bonus is that we offer an on-site crèche for children 15 months upwards.
North Kensington centre renovation
The scaffolding has come down to reveal our £13.5 million, DfE-funded renovation project at Morley College London’s North Kensington Centre for Skills on Wornington Road, W10. We’re focused on making Morley College London the best place to learn. That’s why we embarked on an ambitious upgrade programme to make the North Kensington Centre one of London’s top places for higher and further education.
Below, Craig Hanlon-Smith, Centre Principal, introduces the renovated centre and outlines his plans for the curriculum:
Innovation Learning & Skills Initiatives
- A skills and pathways Advice Centre to provide advice to the whole community
- A new Performance Hall to develop performing arts opportunities
- A refurbished crèche (free to students) and vital in supporting inclusive study for all
- An innovative Market Trader taster course offering something different and highly vocational that is unique to the area in partnership with RBKC
- A new accessible entrance and reception area
- Multi-use community and performance hall and additional teaching spaces
- State-of-the-art classrooms and studios to support creative courses in glassmaking, jewellery, design and ceramics
- Bright, glass-fronted café for staff, students and the community
- Music studios and radio production suite
- Re-instatement of Morley Heart Gardens and landscaping
- Additional secure bicycle storage
Why should I study at North Kensington?
This is your local college, we have always been here and we are excited to deliver a new future; a refreshed, renewed building that matches our ambition as London’s largest adult education college.
We offer a warm, inclusive welcome and currently benefit from smaller class sizes, tailored individual learning and support options and pride in the education we continue to offer as we build better for the future.
We offer a wide range of courses for 16-18s and adults, including:
- short courses
- creative courses (jewellery, ceramics and glassmaking)
- essential skills and ESOL
- access to higher education
- digital skills
- urban music
- career boost and free courses
- counselling and psychology
- health and social care
- early years
- applied sciences (Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic)
Where to find us
Situated on Wornington Road we have a rich history of learning within the local community setting and have been an exciting hub of local creativity for many years. The centre holds a special place in the hearts of those who live and work locally.