HNCs and HNDs
What are Higher National Certificates and Diplomas (Levels 4 and 5)
Morley offers Higher National Certificates and Diplomas as they provide specialist work-related learning that reflects the requirements of employers and professional organisations and meet the National Occupational Standards for each sector or industry.
HNCs and HNDs are mainly assessed through assignments, projects and practical tasks. The HNC is the first year of study and the HND is the second year of study – meaning a full HND is achieved in two years of full-time study.
- HNDs are equivalent to the first two years of an Honours Degree (Level 5)
- A practical approach that is highly valued by employers
- Designed in collaboration with industry experts
- HNDs can be converted to a full Honours Degree with further study
- Internally assessed through assignments and practical tasks
How can a HNC or HND help me in my career path
Earning an HNC or HND can allow you to pursue a career in a wide variety of industries. These qualifications provide you with the practical skills and technical knowledge needed to apply for jobs as well as the academic training needed to pursue further studies.
Nowadays employers look for someone having a good, thorough understanding of the skills essential to perform the role rather than the theoretical ones— which are usually taught in degrees.