Student Support and Accessibility
Morley is a friendly, open and inclusive college and we are proud of the learning support we offer students. At the College’s last OFSTED inspection our Learning Support service was singled out as “outstanding”.
We encourage all students to disclose learning difficulties and disabilities so that we can openly discuss these with your tutors resulting in support that is tailored to your needs.
Individual support for students
- For students on accredited courses with a learning difficulty such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia or Aspergers’ Syndrome we may be able to offer one-to-one support
- If you are an Access to Higher Education student with a learning difficulty and have been offered a university place we can arrange for you to have a dyslexia assessment
- If you have a physical or sensory disability, we have specialist equipment that you may find helpful. If you are on an accredited course we may also be able to offer you in-class or one-to-one support with a support tutor
- If you are in crisis and need to talk to our counsellors we may be able to arrange support and a referral to local counselling services. This can help you to stay on a course and complete it successfully.
Contact Learning Support
If you would like to make an appointment you can visit our office located in our new reception area. Please ask a member of the Student Services team for further directions at the main desk.
Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 - 17:00 (during term time)
Call: 0207 450 1914 / 1835
Accessibility at Morley
If you have restricted mobility, we are committed to doing our very best to help you settle in.
Some of our classrooms can be difficult to access, and currently our printmaking studios are inaccessible to wheelchair users. In some cases it may be possible to move a class to accommodate a learner with restricted mobility.
Use of the car park
All students who are disability badge holders can use our car park. Please register with reception and display your disability badge on your car window. We will also issue you with a key FOB so that you can access the building easily from the car park.
Moving around the College
If you have restricted mobility and cannot manage the steps at the front of the College, we can issue you with a key FOB so that you can access the back entrances of the building. Please contact the Security Team at reception for a key FOB form.
If you have any concerns about accessing your classroom or moving around the College, please contact our Student Support team for further information before enrolling.
Information and Advice
If you need a little extra support, the Learner Services team are here to help you. We can provide you with information and advice on a variety of topics, including:
- Applying for jobs and going for interview
- Finding out about further study and finance for Higher Education
- Identifying possible sources of alternative funding for your studies
- Locating external sources of specialist help?
We support current students, students enrolled from the previous academic year, and prospecive students referred by a member of staff.
Make an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7450 1845.