You may feel stressed or anxious, overwhelmed or just need someone to talk to? Our in-house dedicated Mental Health and Wellbeing Service offers a wide range of interventions such as problem-solving and resilience-building exercises. You will be guided through these techniques, and are free to talk in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space.

We take a holistic approach to supporting our learners to improve their mental health and wellbeing. Delivered by our highly experienced Mental Health and Wellbeing Team you will find support for any issues that you might be experiencing in your personal or college life.  

These sessions take place face to face or via video conferencing calls, telephone, email or text message, communicating whichever way suits you. We can also recommend services which might also be of help internal or external to the college. Don’t forget we are here to help and will offer you a warm welcome.

If you are a learner on Level 3 and above programmes, you can also be referred for short-term, crisis counselling, if you have mild to moderate anxiety, depression and/or have suffered a bereavement. At the end of these sessions the counsellor may discuss with you what further support you might need via your GP, Community Mental Health Team or a specialist agency in the community.

If you would like to access mental health or wellbeing support, you can refer yourself, or a tutor or member of staff can make a referral for you via morley.wellbeing@morleycollege.ac.uk

Community Living Well  

Community Living Well is the local NHS talking therapy service for Kensington and Chelsea borough. They offer talking therapy treatments such as CBT, and Low-intensity CBT (LICBT). Unfortunately only learners who are enrolled at the North Kensington or Chelsea centre can access this support. If you are enrolled at Waterloo you can contact Lambeth Talking Therapies: www.slam-iapt.nhs.uk/lambeth/welcome-to-lambeth-talking-therapies-service 

The Low-intensity CBT offered by Community Living Well is an evidence based treatment, recommended by the NHS to treat common mental health disorders. If you are experiencing depression, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia and phobias then Community Living Well can support you.   

To access support from Community Living Well you or your tutor can make a referral once you are enrolled. Referral details can be accessed from morley.wellbeing@morleycollege.ac.uk 

Did you find this article helpful?