Our courses in the community give everyone the opportunity to benefit from the Morley experience.
Community Learning work in partnership at locations across our boroughs with an extensive range of statutory bodies, charities and community organisations. These include schools, children’s centres, sheltered schemes, residents’ associations, mental health support organisations and homelessness charities.
We believe that it’s important for people to be kind to themselves and try to make the time to do things that are fun, rewarding and educational, especially after such a challenging time.
We’re very pleased to offer a range of FREE online courses to awaken your creativity and keep your mind and body active and relaxed. We offer courses for adults only, as well as courses designed for parents, carers and children together, including a family cookery course, Zumba classes and learning how to write and perform a monologue for aspiring actors.
Our experienced and friendly tutors will guide and support you in this new learning environment. All you need is access to the internet on a laptop, tablet or smartphone that has a speaker, microphone and camera.
Creative, health and wellbeing courses
- Feel good with complementary therapies
- Get Creative
- Improve your Hand Sewing Skills: Embroider and make an item
- Improve your Sewing Skills: machine sewing techniques
- Keep fit with Zaira’s Zumba
- Lambeth on stage – write and perform a monologue
- Reduce anxiety with yoga and meditation
Courses for families
- Magic moves – exercise and dance to music
- Magic moves – yoga for mums and babies/toddlers
- Family cookery
- Family music makers
Learning online – what you need:
- access to the internet on a laptop, tablet or mobile phone with a speaker, microphone and camera
- an email address so that you are able to login to Morley’s digital learning platform.
To book your place on any of these courses, or for more information about Community Learning, please call Richard on 07395 397 487 or Nicola on 07395 336 234 or email: email@example.com
After attending Community Learning classes in sewing at her local children’s centre, mum-of-two Laura progressed to an advanced dressmaking class at Morley College. She is a Parent Champion supporting families in her community and also works two days per week.
We support our community-based students to make next steps towards employment, volunteering or higher level courses. If you decide to join us here at Morley College London, see what Morley has to offer here.