Ceramics at Morley is a successful and extremely popular department. We have a well-equipped and organised ceramics workshop, facilities include a range of wheels, large light making space, designated glazing area including a spray booth and 3 kilns. Students have access to a wide range of clays, glazes and ceramic materials to experiment with and to develop ideas.
Whether you are interested in hand building, throwing, glazing or surface decoration we have a course suitable for you. Whether you are studying for fun, to learn a new skill or to further develop your current skill set, you can do so in a supportive, encouraging and inspiring environment.
Our staff are highly experienced professionals in their field of expertise and all our tutors are practising artists and ceramic makers. Their broad expertise means students gain skills and experience of working with professionals.
Why study at Morley College:
- Access a specialist ceramic studio
- Develop and create a portfolio for work or study
- Produce work of a high standard
- Learn alongside like-minded people
- Study during the day, at weekends or in the evening
- Explore your creativity
- Learn a new skill or refresh an existing skill
- Opportunities to exhibit your work
- Study within a supportive environment
For those students wishing to develop their skills further into higher education, Morley College also offers an accredited two year HND in Ceramics.
Department StaffView all Staff
Tutor: HND Ceramics
Programme Manager: HND Ceramics
Head of School: Visual and Digital Arts, Governor
Programme Manager: Ceramics