Morley College London Privacy Notice
This privacy notice informs you of what to expect when Morley College London collects your personal information and what your rights are in respect of that information.
The College manages all personal information in accordance with its legal obligations under English Law.
The College’s Privacy Notice applies to information it collects from individuals including:
- People who have enrolled on a course
- People who apply for funding or support from the College
- Visitors to the college website
- People who request course guides, course specifications, send an enquiry or apply online
- Those who register to attend Morley College London’s programme of events
- People who sign up to promotional competitions run by the College
- Individuals who register to become a member of Friends of Morley
- Users of the College Moodle VLE system
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Where the information collected by the College includes personally identifiable information, the College will make this clear and will explain how it intends to use this information. Where relevant, an option will be provided to allow users to unsubscribe to on-going communications.
When someone visits the College website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This is to help us analyse those patterns, track visitor numbers and improve the user experience of website visitors. We collect this information in a way which does not personally identify those using our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
For further information visit our Cookies page.
Sharing personal details with third parties
The College will keep personal details confidential and only share information with third parties where it is legally or contractually obligated to do so, such as to meet the requirements of the Education & Skills Funding Agency.
The security of your personal information
Morley College London is committed to protecting your privacy. Any information that you provide us with will be managed in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the College’s Information and Data Protection Policy which is published on our website. Data supplied will be used only for the purpose stated at the point of collection and will be kept in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Notice.
The General Data Protection Regulation provides you with certain statutory rights, including:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to have personal data rectified
- The right to request the deletion or removal of personal data
- The right to restrict processing of personal data
- The right to obtain and reuse personal data for your own purposes across different services (portability)
- The right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- The right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing and produces a legal or similarly significant effect on the individual
Full details of your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any questions regarding data protection at Morley College London, would like to request a copy of the information we hold about you, or exercise any of the other rights outlined above then please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Martin McNeill (Clerk to the Governing Body and Company Secretary)
Telephone: 020 7450 1848
Updating or removing your personal details from marketing communications
While you are a student at the College, we will need to retain your personal details for business and contractual purposes.
If you wish to change the emails you receive from us or unsubscribe, please email us at email@example.com.
The Information Commissioners Office(ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
You can find out more information about the following topics by visiting the ICO’s Information for The Public webpage:
- the changes to privacy legislation,
- your rights
- changes to the way organisations collect data
- what they do with the data
- who you should contact for more information
If you would like to raise a concern with an organisation’s handling of your personal information, you can find guidance from the ICO’s “Raising a Concern” webpage.
You are also able to Report a concern directly to the ICO here.