About The Course
Do you have a garment at home that you do not wear much because its not ‘quite right’ and you’d like to re-fashion or repurpose it?
Are you a hoarder of garments that you have been meaning to tweak and re-style but never had the time?
Have you ever wanted to do the freestyle challenge on TV’s ‘the sewing bee’ and create something new from an existing garment?
By the end of the class you will be able to:
- Transform an entire existing garment into something completely different or change a few elements to make it more enjoyable to wear.
- Use the overlocker for basic rapid shape alteration and hemming
- Use a variety sewing machine skills to alter the look/shape/fit of a garment
- Take away ideas as to how other garments in your wardrobe could be radically altered
- Experiment with ideas and processes.
- Design using a studio mannequin
- Students will bring at least one garment which they would like to ‘remake/remodel’. This may be combined with another ‘unwanted’ garment or embellished with trimmings and/or other pieces of fabric which the student may bring.
- Students will be required to know the basic fundamentals of how to use a sewing machine.
- Hand sewing experience also useful.
- Unleash your desire to experiment and allow unexpected things to happen which is all part of the creative process!