At Morley we deliver a wide range of technical and creative courses in Music Technology and Production, suitable for all levels. From Ableton to Logic, Mixing and Mastering to Sound Art, Live Sound to Radio Production; we offer a huge variety of options to support your advancement in the world of Music Technology.
Why study Music Technology at Morley?
- Our tutors are industry professionals, with experience working as musicians or engineers with artists including Jacob Collier, Laura Mvula and many others
- Network with like-minded students
- Work on practical projects aimed to develop industry-standard music production skills
- Enhance your portfolio by taking part in recording sessions at Morley Studio, live gigs, exhibitions and other performance opportunities at Morley Gallery, IKLECTIK Art Lab, and The Horse and Stables
- Flexible study with courses at weekends or in the evening
- Engage via clinics and workshops with emerging artists, high profile musicians, engineers and producers such as multi-Grammy Award winning band Snarky Puppy, Mark Lettieri and Bill Laurance
- Access to the latest music production hardware and software in our industry- standard studios creates the ideal environment for you to develop cutting edge skills
You will have access to a music production suite, a DJ suite and state-of-the-art radio and recording studios. These are equipped with the highest quality analogue and digital equipment including: Pro Tools HDX, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live Suite, Focusrite RedNet, Neve, Avalon, Universal Audio and A-Designs Pacifica preamps, Universal Audio and DBX compressors, Neumann, Royer, Earthworks microphones, Waves, Sound Toys, Audio Ease Altiverb and UAD plug-ins.
The recording studio is connected to multiple spaces via our Focusrite RedNet system to allow the flexibility necessary to record a variety of ensembles and styles. You can capture live performances of large ensembles, in either our medium-sized live room – equipped with a Yamaha C3X grand piano, Gretsch, Pearl and Sonor drum kits and vocal/drum booth – or one of our two additional large live concert spaces which are equipped with Steinway concert grand, Yamaha and Boston pianos.