Learn to communicate in everyday situations with more confidence and fluency. Describe your interests, your job. Learn to make phone calls, make appointment for leisure or work and invite people out. Learn some aspect of the French culture and other French Speaking countries and discuss with your friends. This course is suitable for those wishing to consolidate their knowledge of the basics of the language, including grammar and pronunciation. Also, we virtual travel to France and other French speaking countries from time to time.
French Stage 2 Unit 2
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Read texts from different sources, extract relevant information and learn new vocabulary
- Discuss and give your opinion on different topics. State your preferences
- Use French in practical situations like making a phone call, or making an appointment for work or leisure
- Write short passages, including emails or short roleplays
- Consolidate descriptions of present/past/future events and start imperfect tense
Class format and activities
Practise speaking, listening, reading and writing. Complete grammar exercises. Listen for specific information and reading for comprehension. Revise topics from previous years and expand. Learn some cultural aspects of France and other French speaking countries. Study some regions and popular places. Watch videos with/without transcript and understand the gist.
This course is aimed at students who have studied at Stage 2 Unit 1 or have studied French for over 1 year.
What you need to know before you enrol
Excellent attendance and punctuality is required from all students. This course requires study/completion of activities outside of class time.
What you need
Text book will be discussed and confirmed with students at the start of the course. Please have pen, paper, and dictionary paper or app on phone.
What you can do next
French Stage 2 unit 3