Starts: 3 Jan 2022
Access to HE Diploma: Business Studies
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the business environment, legal denominations of businesses and corporate social responsibility
- Set marketing objectives and carry out market research, portfolio analysis. Gain understanding of the key principles of promotion and advertising
- Evaluate opportunity cost, supply and demand, market equilibrium
- Read and interpret statistical data
- Recognise organisation structures and the role of communication in business, leadership theories and management styles, staff motivation and retention
- Undertake budget analysis and cash flow forecasting, read break even charts, and understand financial markets
- Master key study skills, including note taking, research, academic writing and examination planning
Class format and activities
The programme consists of the following units: - Introduction to Supply and Demand - Business Organisational Structures - Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility - Internal and External Business Factors - Double Entry- HR Recruitment and Selection - Management and Leadership - Raising Capital - Market Intervention - Business Mathematics: Statistics and Probability - Spreadsheets - Introduction to Marketing - Marketing Strategy - Event Management - Finding and Reading Information - Report Writing - Essay Writing - Speaking and Listening - Examination Skills
You must be aged 19 or above You should have GCSEs in English and maths (grades A to C) or equivalent qualifications. You will need these two qualifications in addition to the Access to HE Diploma to progress to most university courses.
What you need to know before you enrol
Our experienced tutors will help make your Access to Business programme enjoyable. But it is also a challenging course that will require real dedication and commitment if you are going to succeed. The course requires systematic attendance for two and a half days a week. In addition, you will be expected to do regular independent reading and research, and submit written work. It is therefore essential that you think about how you are going to balance work, family and social life with your studies.
What you need
You will require a pen, paper and a scientific calcuator for your classes. You will also benefit from access to a laptop or tablet to make notes and undertake Internet research. Any other resources are provided.
What you can do next
Students from this programme have progressed to business degree courses, including Economics and Finance, Marketing, International Business, Business Management, Music Business and Events Management.