Aural Training and Musicianship 2B
When and Where
- 10 Jan 2020 - 27 Mar 2020 (16.5 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Friday 16:00 - 17:30
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course is full. Register or log in to join the waiting list.
- Selena Kay
- Course code
What you will learn
This practical course develops your listening skills through sight-singing and aural dictation. Learn how to accurately notate rhythm and melody by ear, and gain a deeper understanding of the building blocks of music.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Sight-sing melodies with greater confidence
- Write down melodies and rhythms that you hear with increased confidence
- Sight-sing music in a variety of tonalities, both major/minor and modal
- Develop knowledge of voice-leading in harmonic progressions
- Use knowledge of chords to improvise or write melodic lines
Class format and activities
Lots of practical exercises involving listening, singing, clapping and writing down what you hear.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Enthusiasm to develop your aural skills, ability to pitch notes with your voice, and understanding of scales, keys and triads.
Online enrolment on term 2 of this course is only available to those enrolled in the previous term.If you are a current student you will have received an email alerting you to this. If you are new to this course please select 'Ask a Question' and the curriculum department will contact you.
What you need to know before you enrol
What you will need for your class
Manuscript paper and a pencil
What you can do next
You can continue on Aural Training and Musicianship 2C in the summer term.
This course supports and develops musicianship skills so is helpful for any kind of further music study and also to support current music study.