Terms and Conditions
The references ‘Morley College London’, ‘Morley College’ or ‘Morley’ or ‘the College’ or ‘our’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Morley College Limited whose registered office is 61 Westminster Bridge Road, London, Se1 7HT, UK. Our company registration number is 2829836. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Morley College is committed to making the information and resources on this website accessible to all users. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, or if you come across a page or resource that does not meet your access needs, please contact email@example.com or phone 020 7450 1889.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You must not use this website, and/or any interactive facilities which are available through it to:
- misrepresent your identity;
- hack, or attempt to hack, any part of the website or any system used to run it;
- store personal data derived from the website;
- post material that is obscene, offensive, or otherwise unlawful;
- technically harm the website and/or its systems (including, without limitation, computer viruses or malicious software or harmful data).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Thank you for visiting our site. Morley College aims to create outstanding learning opportunities and deliver an outstanding student experience. We are a welcoming and inclusive college and hope you will decide to join our learning community.
Hiring of College spaces
The following are the standard terms and conditions under which Morley College Ltd (the College) agrees to the hire (Hire) of specified areas of its premises (Rooms), to individuals or organisations (the Hirer).
These standard Terms & Conditions, together with the completed Booking Form shall form the basis for the contractual agreement which shall exist between the College and the Hirer. In submitting a Booking Request, the Hirer is deemed to have accepted the following:
a) Hirers should where possible use the online Room Booking Request Form to initiate the booking of rooms, and any associated technical resources and/or catering. Where this is not possible, a paper copy of the form may be obtained by application in writing to Accommodation Co-ordinator at the College;
b) The Room Booking Request Form must normally be received by the College at least 10 working days in advance of the proposed Hire;
c) Because of the need to give priority to its own classes, the College may not be able accept bookings more than 12 weeks in advance except in the case of the
Emma Cons Hall;
d) Upon receipt of a Hirer’s Room Booking Request Form, a Room Booking Confirmation will be sent to the Hirer giving details of the booking and the associated charges.
e) On the day of the Hire, the Hirer must bring a copy of the College’s Room Booking Confirmation. This will show the room(s), technical resources and catering that have been booked. The College reserves the right to deny access to its premises to any Hirer not in possession of valid confirmation.
f) The College reserves the right to refuse a booking request.
a) The charges made by the College for facilities and services will be confirmed with the Hirer in advance of the Hire.
b) Additional charges above the published tariff may apply if the Hirer requests specific Rooms; requires additional specialist equipment or hires rooms on dates when the College would not normally be open. In all such cases any additional charges will be agreed with the Hirer and specified on the College’s Room Booking Request Confirmation.
c) Room hire rates will include the provision of basic audio visual aids, if required and agreed in advance.
d) The College reserves the right to levy additional charges in cases where the Hire overruns the agreed timings or where during the Hire, further support is requested in addition to that specified in the Room Booking Request Confirmation.
e) The College reserves the right subsequently to levy additional charges in cases where the Hirer requests supplementary technical resources or catering facilities over and above those agreed when making the booking. Where the change(s) could not reasonably have been foreseen then the Hirer will be given the opportunity to cancel the original booking without penalty and to receive a full refund of any hire fee already paid.
f) The College reserves the right to cancel a booking if payment has not been received in accordance with the dates specified in these terms and conditions.
3. Cancellation by the College
The College reserves the right to cancel or terminate any Hire without incurring any liability to the Hirer:
a) If the Hirer makes any serious misrepresentation on the Room Booking Request Form;
b) If the Hirer uses the premises for any purposes which have not been approved;
c) If the Hirer becomes insolvent or is adjudicated bankrupt.
d) If the Hirer is already in arrears with any payment due to the College.
e) If the College has good reason to believe the Hirer may be using the Hire to promote terrorism, violent extremism or to seek to radicalise individuals to such causes.
If the College is unable to perform its obligations in connection with any booking, including the temporary closure of its premises or any part thereof for reasons beyond its control, the College’s liability to the Hirer shall be limited to the value of the booking.
The College shall not be liable for consequential loss of any nature, for any reason.
4. Cancellation by Hirer
a) In the event of the Hirer wishing to make a cancellation, the Accommodation Coordinator at the College must be notified in writing.
b) If notification is received less than ten working days prior to the date of the event, the full cost of the room hire will remain payable by the Hirer.
c) If a room booking is cancelled more than ten working days prior to the date of the event, a refund of the Hirer’s fee will be made but subject to a cancellation fee of £30 or 30% of that fee (whichever is the greater).
The Hirer shall not sub-let any part of the College’s premises. A breach of this condition will result in the immediate cancellation or termination of the Hiring.
6. Health & Safety
a) The Hirer agrees to ensure the effective control and supervision of their event and all persons attending.
b) The Hirer is required to take all reasonable precautions for the safety of those present. The use of the parts of the accommodation is at the hirer’s own risk and no liability shall fall on the College in respect of accident or injury to persons or damage to or loss of property during the period of the letting. The letting is granted on the understanding that the Hirer will indemnify the College from and against any action or claim which may be brought against the College as a result of the Hirer’s usage of the accommodation and facilities.
7. Rights of Entry
The College may at its sole discretion refuse any person the right of admission to its premises but will not use this discretion unreasonably.
8. Damage To College Property
The Hirer shall repay to the College on demand the cost of reinstating or replacing any part of the premises or any property whatsoever belonging to the College in or upon the premises which has been damaged, destroyed or removed during the period of hiring.
The Hirer shall ensure that the premises hired are left in a tidy state at the end of the Room Booking Period.
9. Loss, Damage or Injury
The Hirer will indemnify the College against all claims, demands, actions, expenses, damages, penalties or proceedings arising out of or in any way connected with the hiring of the accommodation. This will include loss, thefts of or damage to any property of any person on the premises and the death of or injury caused to any such person and will include claims for consequential loss or damage.
10. Public Liability Insurance
The Hirer must effect and maintain sufficient Public Liability Insurance for their purposes and the Hirer will, at the request of the College, produce the relevant insurance policy together with evidence of payment.
11. Equipment, Lighting, Decoration and Licenses
a) No electrical equipment, lighting apparatus, decorations, drapery, furniture, costumes, stage sets or theatrical properties should be brought into the premises without prior written consent.
b) Nothing will be fixed to walls, ceilings, floors or any other part of the premises without prior written consent.
c) Where consent is given for equipment to be used, Hirers shall be responsible for the security and insurance of such equipment, for obtaining all consents and necessary licences and for its prompt removal at the end of the function.
d) The Hirer is responsible for obtaining and meeting the cost of all necessary licences and authorities which may be required. This will include, but is not limited to, fulfilling the requirements of copyright owners or their agents and for meeting all musical, phonographic, and performing rights.
e) All equipment and property belonging to the Hirer must be removed before the end of the booking period.
The College has caterers with exclusive rights to provide for all catering on the premises. No other caterers will be permitted on to the premises without prior written consent.
13. Photography and Filming
Unless prior written consent is obtained, no filming, photography or other recording is to take place in any part of the premises for either private or commercial use.
The Hirer should not use Morley College’s name or logo on promotional or other literature or tickets in a way which might indicate that the event is an official Morley College event.
15. Data Protection Act
The details of the Hirer will be held by the College for the purposes of processing room bookings. The information will not be passed to any third party without the express permission of the Hirer.
These Terms & Conditions (Room Hire) supersede all those published previously.
Hiring of Morley Gallery
- The current hire fee is £1,500 per week, which must be inclusive of installation and de-installation of the exhibition. (The Gallery administration/office areas are not included in the hire of space.)
- A deposit of 25% of the full hire fee is payable to the Gallery on confirmation of the exhibition dates. The remainder of the hire fee is to be paid two weeks before the opening date of the exhibition.
- A completed Exhibition Proposal Form (supplied by Morley Gallery) is required before the booking can be confirmed.
- All printed and electronic text, including listings, press releases and private view invitation must include the Morley Logo and be submitted to the Gallery for proof reading before distribution.
- The Exhibition Organiser is responsible for the production of a private view invitation cards (electronic and hard copy) a number of which the gallery will send out to its contacts on request.
- Transportation of artwork to and from the Gallery is the responsibility of the Exhibition Organiser/s.
- The Gallery will not be responsible or liable for deliveries and/or collections of artworks not supervised by gallery staff.
- Exhibition organisers/exhibitors to install and de-istall their exhibition in the time allocated by the Gallery Manager.
- No minors in the gallery during installation and dismantling of the exhibition.
- Invigilation of the exhibition is the responsibility of the exhibition organiser/exhibitors. Induction of invigilators to be arranged with the Gallery Manager.
- The cost of refreshments for the opening evening /private view to be covered by the exhibition organiser/exhibitors.
- The Gallery will take a 15% commission on any sales that the Gallery facilitates.
- Artwork not collected at the agreed times and dates will be disposed of.
- The gallery may photograph work on exhibition for its archives and for publicity. The gallery allows visitors to photograph work unless a request has been made to the contrary.
- Exhibition organiser/exhibitors to organise the ‘making good’ of exhibition space at the end of the exhibition with the agreement of the Gallery Manager.