BTEC HNC in Business
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand how businesses of all sizes interact with their stakeholders
- create a marketing plan and promote a product/service
- prepare financial statements and forecasts to ensure financial stability and growth.
Class format and activities
Achievement on your course will be measured by completion of assignments reflecting real-world scenarios in a diverse range of formats, including:
- Written assignments
- Role plays
If you have recently been in education it is likely that one of the following will provide a suitable entry profile:
- a relevant level 3 qualification
- a GCE profile that indicates strong performance in a relevant subject
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate
- IELTS 5.5 is required for non-native English speakers.
We appreciate that mature students may have extensive experience, gained through paid or unpaid work. Please contact us if you would like to discuss applying.
What you need to know before you enrol
The HNC is a one-year course. This course requires study/completion of activities outside of class time. Excellent attendance and punctuality of over 90% is required from all students.
What you need
You will need access to a laptop or PC and the Internet. Relevant text books and other learning materials will be required for the course; your tutor will provide you with full details. Please refer to the student handbook for further information.
What you can do next
On successful completion of the HNC in Business, you can apply for the HND in Business.