Access to Higher Education
We offer a variety of Access to Higher Education Diplomas to help you go to university.
A Level 3 Access Diploma is a nationally recognised qualification for university, equivalent to A Levels, and has a high value in UCAS tariff points.
Our courses are specially designed for learners who may have taken a break from education or want a change of career that can lead to higher education.
- Morley is London’s top ranked College for learner satisfaction
(FEChoices Survey 2015)
- 100% of our Access students would recommend Morley
(FEChoices Survey 2015)
- Benefit from our active university partnerships with Birkbeck, Goldsmiths, London College of Fashion, Middlesex University London and many more
- Learn in our state of the art facilities including science lab, fashion studio and music recording studio
- Benefit from our 25 years’ experience teaching Access to Higher Education courses.
You must be aged 19 or over to apply for any of the Access Diplomas.
For most courses you need GCSE English and Maths (grade C or above), or the equivalent to enter the course.
You must also demonstrate a commitment to and interest in your chosen subject.
There may be additional requirements specific to all Access courses, please check individual course outlines for more information.
- We only accept online applications for our Access Diplomas. Create an online account by following the steps from the course page.
- Complete the application form. You can save and come back to the form over time.
- Once submitted you will receive an automatic email acknowledgement of your application.
- If you fulfil the entry requirements you will be contacted for an interview.
- If you have any queries about the entry requirements or application process, please contact our student services team.
Your interview will include:
- A one-to-one discussion about your experience to date, your goals and interests
- A short assessment and possibly other activities which will help us determine if the course is suitable for you
Check specific course outlines for any additional material or requirements, for example a portfolio for fashion.
- Please bring any certificates you have completed
- You will be asked how you are planning to finance your study
After your interview
If you have been successful you will receive a written offer.
You need to confirm your place by returning the acceptance form, including payment of fees and enrolment. Your place is not guaranteed until you have completed this.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to funding your Diploma. All students will be fee assessed at enrolment.
- If you are under 24 on the start date of the course and this is your first full Level 3 qualification you will not have to pay fees.
- If you over 24 or 19-23 having already achieved a level 3 qualification on the start date of the course you will have to pay fees but you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to fund all or part of the fee.
The Advanced Learner Loan will not be repayable if you go on to university and successfully achieve your degree. Once your loan is approved, the amount borrowed will be paid directly to Morley College.
This will cover your course fee but will not cover books, travel or equipment. The College may be able to provide help for those most in need for some of these costs, as well as childcare costs that you incur as a result of attending the course.