Safeguarding and Wellbeing Manager
Salary:£41,467 - £45,192 including London Weighting per annum (APT&C Management 0-3)
Hours:36 Hours a week
Closing Date:Monday 26th February 2024
About Morley College London
It's a genuinely exciting time to join Morley College London.
Morley College London is a supportive environment and we are committed to shaping a fantastic learning experience for our students. We always try and cultivate a creative and dynamic atmosphere where we welcome innovative ideas and forging partnerships with our local and regional communities. The College aims to reflect the diverse communities it sits within.
If you want to make a difference and believe in the power of learning to build connections, community and skills, we'd love you to join us.
As well as joining a creative, innovative leading London College focused on social justice and providing excellent teaching and learning opportunities for all, there are plenty of other rewards for working at Morley College London:
- Generous annual leave allowance (30 days, more for teaching staff) plus Bank Holidays
- Christmas closure period
- Excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Access to an employee retail savings platform, offering significant discounts at most major retailers
- 100% discount on the cost of undertaking a Morley course of your choice
- Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- On site cafeterias
- A busy events calendar, offering you the chance to attend regular Morley creative exhibitions, student awards, dances, concerts and more
- A lovely work environment, surrounded by creative arts, music and friendly, helpful colleagues
About the Role
An opportunity has come up to join the Student Services Team.
We are looking for an experienced Safeguarding & Wellbeing Manager to join the Student Services Team at Morley College London to lead on all operation matters related to Safeguarding, Prevent and student well-being. You will support the Designated Safeguarding Lead in ensuring the College is up to date with responsibilities related to Safeguarding and will help develop the Wellbeing Service to meet the needs of our students. You will be a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a passion for student safety and welfare and a great team player who will join a fantastic Student Service Team that makes the difference here at Morley and ensure all our students have an exceptional learning experience.
- Experienced in line management.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and wellbeing policies, procedures and processes
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- To be able to positively challenge students and staff.
- To be patient, tolerant and sensitive.
- To be empathetic and non-judgmental.
- To have a good self-awareness and ability to examine your own thoughts
Main Functions and Responsibilities of the Role:
- To provide 1-to-1 supervision for the in-house volunteer counsellors.
- To deliver 1-to-1 initial wellbeing counsellor assessments.
- To manage the delivery of wellbeing workshops in organizing and delivering sessions on Mental Health.
- To manage safeguarding processes and procedures including responding to safeguarding concerns and mental health crisis referrals.
- To manage the wellbeing service including student pastoral support referrals, counselling referrals
- To coordinate Wellbeing interventions for students including liaising with external agencies
Returning your Application
Completed application forms must be received by 9am on Monday 26th February 2024. Late applications will not be considered.
Please email your application to email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Please note that applicants must apply using the application form and CVs will not be considered. We are happy to accept applications in alternative formats from applicants, who, for reasons of disability, may find it difficult to fill in our standard form. Please contact the People Operations team by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7450 1811 for further details.
Morley College London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all time. As such we undertake safeguarding checks on the suitability of all prospective staff, including their online presence and social media accounts. It is a requirement that all successful candidates disclose all social media platform accounts that they hold
If applicable -Please note, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activities relevant to children,
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.