HR Projects Administrator (3 Months FTC)
Salary:£25,991 to £28,800 per annum incl. LWA
Hours:36 hours per week
Closing Date:1st March 2024
About Morley College London
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with energy and enthusiasm.
As well as joining a creative, innovative leading London College focused on social justice and providing excellent teaching and learning opportunities for all, there are plenty of other rewards for working at Morley College London:
- Generous annual leave allowance (30 days, more for teaching staff) plus Bank Holidays
- Christmas closure period
- Excellent pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Access to an employee retail savings platform, offering significant discounts at most major retailers
- 100% discount on the cost of undertaking a Morley course of your choice
- Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- On site cafeterias
- A busy events calendar, offering you the chance to attend regular Morley creative exhibitions, student awards, dances, concerts and more
- A lovely work environment, surrounded by creative arts, music and friendly, helpful colleagues
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated HR Projects Administrator to assist the HR Projects Manager drive development and successful implementation of key HR initiatives and projects. This will include the introduction of new and developing projects, policies, processes, systems and communications.
- Maintain general administration of HR records of confidential and highly sensitive information
- Provide administrative support to project managers and team members
- Perform data entry tasks to input and update project information
- Undertake office task such as filing, photocopying and scanning documents
- Attend meetings and events, including taking notes and preparing paperwork as required.
- Support the department in reviewing processes and implementing changes to improve efficiency.
- Maintain high standards of fairness and consistency in the treatment of all staff and candidates.
- Ensure staff data is treated in accordance with GDPR legislation, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain personnel files and databases including information on qualifications, staff development and appraisal.
To excel in this role, you should have;
- Educated to Level 3 (A Level or equivalent) or above and GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above
- Proven administrative experience in a complex organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Intermediate level of MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to identify and prioritise work and to use initiative in problem-solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to establish good working relationships with particular emphasis on customer care
- Ability to deal sensitively and in a tactful manner with job applicants, staff and other users of the College’s services
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Have a commitment to and be able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety, safeguarding and equality and diversity as appropriate to the post
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- CIPD Level 3
- Administrative experience within an HR department
General College Responsibilities
- To attend relevant training and meetings as required.
- To be committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- To contribute to the effective management and promotion of equality and diversity and safeguarding.
- To work in accordance with GDPR, the Health & Safety at Work Act and the College’s Safeguarding and Prevent policies, ensuring the College is a safe environment for staff, students and visitors.
- To work at all times in accordance with Morley College’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out such duties as may be required from time to time by the college that are appropriate to the grade of the post.
This job description is not exhaustive and as such the post holder is expected to be flexible. Any changes of significance will only be made following a discussion with the post holder.
Returning your Application
Completed application forms must be received by 9am on Friday 1st March 2024. Late applications will not be considered.
Please email your application to email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Please note that applicants must apply using the application form and CVs will not be considered. We are happy to accept applications in alternative formats from applicants, who, for reasons of disability, may find it difficult to fill in our standard form. Please contact the People Operations team by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7450 1811 for further details.
Interview date: Friday 8th March 2024
Morley College London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all time. As such we undertake safeguarding checks on the suitability of all prospective staff, including their online presence and social media accounts. It is a requirement that all successful candidates disclose all social media platform accounts that they hold.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is regulated activity. The post holder will be required to obtain an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, including an ISA barred list check.
If applicable -Please note, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activities relevant to children.
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.