Wendy Taylor (1940-)
Fibreglass black paint finish sculpture
Located outside Nancy Seear
Wendy Taylor, sculptor was born in Lincolnshire and studied at St Martin’s School of Art 1961-67. She is one of the first artists of her generation to ‘take art out of the galleries and out onto the streets’. She has significantly contributed to the development of sculpture for public places in this country and her work includes a range of large-scale, site specific sculptures on public display as well as in private collections. She was approached by Barry Till, Principal of Morley 1965-86 and architect John Winter to create a sculpture for the new Nancy Seear building in King Edward Walk.