It’s important to have strong skills in English, maths and ICT in order to progress in education, improve your prospects at work, and get by in daily life. If you want to get more out of life but are worried that your English, maths or ICT skills are holding you back, we can help you reach your goals.
To see all upcoming assessment dates for our Essential Skills courses click here.
Our Essential Skills courses cover the following areas:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): for adults who don’t speak English as a first language and want to improve their skills for work, study or life in the UK
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL): for adults who are in the UK for work or study and need an international qualification
- English and maths: for adults with poor or no qualifications who want to improve their reading, writing or arithmetic skills, from Functional level up to GCSE
- ICT: for adults who want to improve their overall computer literacy skills at all levels
- Preparation for Work and Study: for adults who want to improve their skills in preparation for going into Higher Education, or those who want to start a new career in childcare, teaching assistance or office administration.
An initial assessment and interview are required before you enrol on most Essential Skills courses, so we can make sure you enrol on a course that is suitable for your needs. No assessment is required for EFL courses, but we recommend that you take the online Cambridge English test before enrolling.
GCSE English and Maths
Our GCSE courses are year-long courses with a new intake every September. You will be asked to attend an initial assessment, followed by an interview if you are successful.
To see our full list of upcoming assessment dates please click here.