Connect and Discover
Feeling down? Anxious? Fed up? Having trouble sleeping?
What is Connect and Discover?
Connect and Discover is a research project offering a FREE 15 hour course to people experiencing mild to moderate low mood or anxiety. This can affect all of us in different ways, but can include loss of confidence, low mood, sleeping problems, feeling isolated, irritability or anxiety.
The research will look at the impact of learning on wellbeing. Our FREE courses focus on managing mental wellbeing, and most courses also include a creative, exercise or digital element.
Is it for me?
- Are you experiencing mild to moderate difficulties with your mental wellbeing?
- Would you be happy to regularly fill in a confidential questionnaire which asks questions about your mood and wellbeing?
- Are you happy to talk about your mental wellbeing?
What courses can I take?
You can take one course. There are eight courses on offer with new courses starting each month.
How do I get involved?
The first step is to come in for an interview with a Learning Advisor.
They will explain the research project and check your eligibility to get involved. If you decide the project is right for you the Learning Advisor will tell you about the courses you can do, and you will be able to enrol.
What are the benefits in taking part?
- Your course will be FREE.
- People will be able to learn from your experiences: how to cope, what helps you and what might help others.
- We hope you get the very best out of your course and that your wellbeing improves.
- Our team will work with you to help you plan your next step.
What happens to my information?
This is a research project run with the Department for Education. Your information is confidential. It will only be shared with the Department for Education and its research contractor.
What happens after my course?
After your course you’ll be able to join Refresh, a FREE monthly drop in to share and practice strategies you have learned on your course and plan what you want to do next. It’s also a good place to reconnect with others at times of transition and/or stress.
Get in touch
If you’d like to get involved, or if you have any questions about Connect and Discover, we’d be happy to talk things through with you.
Feel free to give us a call on 020 7450 1841 or email us at email@example.com .