The Morley College Sculpture Department is housed off-site in a lovely well-lit Victorian chapel, Pelham Hall, and has developed an excellent reputation over many years boasting excellent provision of machinery, tools and tutoring for most sculptural processes from clay life modelling to Bronze casting.
The sculpture courses offer a wide range of skills and specialisms for all levels from beginners wanting to try something new to advanced practitioners wanting to learn a new skill or develop their practice.
Taught by specialist artist practitioners, the sculpture courses allow you to develop both your practical skills and your imagination exploring such materials and processes as clay life modelling, steel construction, stone or wood carving, plaster casting or modelling, mould making, automata sculpture, found object construction and bronze casting.
Why study sculpture at Morley
- Engage with the pleasure of working with your hands exploring materials creatively
- Access a specialist well-equipped sculpture studio
- Learn alongside like-minded people
- Benefit from specialist sculpture tutoring
- Study during the day, at weekends or in the evening with short or term courses
- Learn a traditional or contemporary sculptural skill
- Develop your ideas into 3 dimensional form
- Further your career or business
- Develop a portfolio for further art studies or work.
Students who study Sculpture courses at Morley have the possibility to display their work in the College’s exhibition spaces: the Morley Gallery and Bawden cases with the biannual Made Exhibition, Inspired by V&A competition and the new annual College entrance Sculpture competition.
Click here to view any ongoing exhibitions.
Thinking of doing an Art degree or progress in your career?
For those considering doing an Art degree or wishing to immerse themselves in a rich year of focused study, Morley offers a part-time Art Foundation that includes modules in the Sculpture studio.
For those interested in the Figure, The Art Department is also launching a NEW year long course The Figure Intensive which has modules in the Sculpture, Painting, Drawing and Printmaking studios.