Advice and Guidance
We recognise that students join Morley at all stages of their lives and careers. Our Careers service will support you in making informed decisions about your next steps. This service is Matrix Accredited and is available to all current students and prospective students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book a one-to-one session with a qualified adviser.
What we support you with:
Help with finding the right course to study
Our qualified and experienced Careers and Information Advice and Guidance team are here to help you make the best choice for you. They will talk you through your options, including different subjects and levels of study, whether a course has specific entry requirements, opportunities for progression and future careers.
Supporting your job search
If it’s been a long time since you’ve written a CV or covering letter, or you never have, don’t worry- we’re here to help. Our advisors work closely with course tutors to develop a strong knowledge base around the potential careers associated with each curriculum area. Depending on your course you may have a class workshop on CV writing, applying for a job or writing a cover letter. Our Careers Advisors can provide more specific personalised advice.
Applying to University
If you want to go to university but are unsure about what to study or where, we’re here to help. Our team offers UCAS workshops covering the application process and how to write that stand-out personal statement. Book an individual appointment to discuss your options and next steps.
Gatsby Benchmarks and our commitment to you
The College is working towards achieving all eight Gatsby Benchmarks and our Careers Programme reflects our ongoing commitment. Our learners have access to:
- A careers programme that reflects our varied student body
- Up to date and relevant careers and labour market information
- Access to individual support in the form of one-to-one sessions where support is impartial and knowledgable
- A curriculum team with strong links to relevant careers and an understanding of industry requirements
- Encounters with employers and employees. As part of this, we offer a targeted approach to deliver employer encounters which are recorded and evaluated
- Experiences of workplaces to enable learners to explore career opportunities and expand networks