5 German-Austrian Pubs, Cafés and Restaurants in London
Our German language tutor Katja Miarka is here sharing with us her secret gems of the best German-Austrian pubs, cafes and restaurants in London.
1. Cafe Kipferl, Angel, 20 Camden Passage, N1 8ED
This Austrian coffeehouse and kitchen offers the full breadth of Austrian food and drink, from spicy Hungarian goulash soup to the famous Wiener Schnitzel, from the Vanillekipferl to the classic Sachertorte 'mit Schlag' and from herbal Almdudler lemonade to a peppery Gruener Veltliner wine.
2. Herman Ze German, several locations - Charing Cross, Soho and Fitzrovia
These restaurants serve delicious German food and claim to have “the best wurst in town”, imported from the Black Forest.
3. Tiroler Hut Restaurant, Bayswater, 27 Westbourne Grove, W2 4UA
The Tiroler Hut, established in 1967, is one of London's most popular Austrian restaurants and combines good food and entertainment.
4. Octoberfest Pub, Fulham, 678 – 680 Fulham Road, SW6 5SA
This pub offers an authentic Oktoberfest experience, a selection of more than 60 beers and Bavarian cuisine.
5. Zeitgeist, Lambeth, 49 – 51 Black Prince Road, SE11 6AB
“Zeitgeist” gastro pub has German brews, schnitzel and bratwurst on offer as well as Bundesliga football on big-screen TV.