- This event has passed.
Music and Dyslexia Day
August 5, 2018 @ 12:00 am - October 21, 2018 @ 12:00 am
Everyone’s Goal: Becoming Dyslexia Friendly. Join us for a day of information and practical support
Who is it for?
- Classroom practitioners at any level (pre-school; primary; secondary; FE and HE)
- Instrumental and voice teachers
- Parents and guardians of dyslexic pupils
- Dyslexic musicians
- Anyone involved with music
Remember – dyslexia-aware approaches are good for all musicians
- Earlybird (before 1st August) £60
- After 1st August £65
- Students & unwaged £30 (limited numbers)
- Deadline for registration is 20th September 2018
or email email@example.com to book and pay in other ways.
- Paul Harris Simultaneous learning and the dyslexic music student
- Anna Devin Thoughts from a dyslexic opera singer with performance of 2 songs
- Karen Marshall Dyslexia aware instrumental tool kit: a multi-sensory approach
- Nick Sermon & Sally Anne Zimmerman Using your tablet and phone to support
- music learning. Demonstration of Modified Stave Notation and Muse-Score
- Katie Overy, Emma Moore & Rosemary Hodi Improving children’s literacy skills
- through music games: the MAP
- Kim Rochelle Key features of dyslexia and how they may impact on musical
- Sally Daunt Reasonable adjustments in music exams
The day is a whole package and the cost of the day includes lunch and all refreshments.
All those attending will receive free, the book Music, other Performing Arts and
Dyslexia, the B.D.A.’s 2018 Dyslexia Handbook as well as handouts from the day including a booklet about reasonable adjustments in music exams.
You will receive a certificate of attendance