- This event has passed.
Leading Learning For Life in Changing Times Adult Education Conference
April 5, 2018 @ 12:00 am - May 3, 2018 @ 12:00 am
Leading Learning For Life in Changing Times
Challenges and opportunities for the leadership of adult education
Morley College London is pleased to announce its first national adult education conference on Thursday 3 May 2018. The theme is “Leading Learning for Life in Changing Times – Challenges and Opportunities for the Leadership of Adult Education”.
Drawing on research and leading practice to inform debate, the event will stimulate thinking about the ways in which adult education leadership can address the challenges and opportunities brought about by devolution, Brexit, and wider social, political and technological change. By creating opportunities for debate and reflection, the conference aims to contribute to adult educators’ capacity to lead in complex times.
A leading line up of speakers with national reputation for leadership, research and policy in the sector include:
- Professor Martin Doel, CBE (FETL Professor of Leadership in FE and Skills, UCL Institute of Education)
- Neil Fletcher (Hon Research Associate, UCL Institute of Education)
- Dr Andrew Gower (Principal, Morley College London)
- Kathryn James (Director of Operations, Women’s Leadership Network)
- Mel Lenehan (Principal, Fircroft College)
- Dragana Ramsden (FETL Fellow and Head of Centre for Community Learning and Engagement, Morley College London)
- Mark Ravenhall (Chair of the England Impact Forum and Senior Research Fellow, Learning and Work Institute)
A keynote address will be given by Dr Sue Pember, OBE (Director of Policy, HOLEX) and the closing remarks offered by the Rt Hon David Lammy, MP.
The speakers will raise questions for facilitated discussions relating to a range of current topics, including:
- The impact of devolution: implications for policy and practice in the UK
- Leading in post-market conditions
- Building inclusive leadership
- The role of governing bodies in influencing change
- System leadership for mental wellbeing of local communities.
The summary of the day will be co-published by Morley College London, FETL, and the Learning and Work Institute as a think piece.
Who should attend?
The conference is aimed at adult education leaders and aspiring leaders, and anyone from other sectors with interest in leadership and adult education.