Starts: 7 Jan 2022
Upcycling in Jewellery Making
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Familiarise with Jewellery Studio, equipment and health and safety precautions
- Understand metal properties, annealing, work hardening and manipulation of metal
- Use basic skills of wire work to make jumps and links and connections to assemble items using found or upcycled objects or materials
- Explore metal, wood, plastic, bone and other materials relevant to found/upcycled objects to drill, cut and polish, glue and assemble
- Make an article using found objects or upcycled materials such as wooden rules. ebony and bone dominoes, second hand beads and costume jewellery
Class format and activities
Tutor demonstration and explanation. Students practice skills in the studio. Annotations made by students to support the practical tasks. Basic sketches made by students to express own ideas.
No previous experience is required.
What you need to know before you enrol
Pre course activities may include thinking of jewellery designs and ideas or themes to work with
What you need
Pre course activities may include thinking of jewellery designs and ideas or themes to work with.
What you can do next
A range of jewellery courses are offered at Morley College including certificated and accredited programs. This course can help with progression onto higher levels of study in jewellery or broaden learning for those studying related art and design disciplines.