Starts: 6 Sep 2021
UAL L3 Extended Diploma in Photography
When & Where
- 13 September 2021 - 28 June 2023 ( 980 hours, 70 weeks )
- Chelsea Centre
- In-centre delivery with Social Distancing
- Availability Yes - This course is free for 16-18 year olds
- Course Code C21PGYF05B
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Research, plan and realise a project in response to a brief.
- Use practical skills to develop your ideas and produce creative outcomes.
- Use camera techniques and studio lighting to achieve the desirable effects in your photographs.
- Optimize the quality of digital photographs using Adobe Lightroom.
- Create digital composites using Adobe Photoshop.
- Use the b/w darkroom and produce high quality prints
- Produce a strong portfolio presented in an online platform
A good basic knowledge of photography will be an advantage. You will need to have a digital portfolio of your own photographic work that you will present/discuss in your interview. A minimum of 4 x GCSEs at grade 4 or above of which one should be in English or Maths. If you are under 19 and are yet to achieve GCSE English or maths at grade 4 and above, you will be required to enroll on a “Study Programme” that includes these subjects.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course requires study/completion of activities outside of class time.
What you need
You need a positive, can-do attitude with plenty of enthusiasm for the creative industries. You will be eager to learn, bursting with potential and ready to challenge your understanding of the world in which we live. Collaboration will be necessary as a part of this program, so you will be capable of playing a key role in group work. You will need access to a DSLR camera and access to a computer .
Class format and activities
You will: Learn actively through workshop-based teaching in our state of the art studio and darkroom based workshops You will also have access to 24 -7 learning supported by dynamic online live and recorded resources. Your learning is further enriched with a range of study visits to museums and galleries. Exhibit your work and enter competitions with support from our staff. Your progress towards achieving the learning outcomes will be reviewed regularly. Throughout the course you will receive 1 to 1 support and constructive feedback. Throughout your journey you will be supported to develop the skills and confidence to succeed. Assessment Methods: Your work will be assessed at the end of each project.