Starts: 10 Jan 2022
Solo Folk Singing A
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Present a variety of folk songs as a solo in class
- Perform with greater confidence
- Develop aural and musical skills by learning by ear
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to interpret folk songs and express them in your own way
- Present songs in the folk style with awareness of their context
- Demonstrate an understanding of vocal technique
Class format and activities
Group exercises and vocal warm ups. Singing in front of class members (in a master-class format) Listening to and appreciating other students’ performances.
You should be able to sing in time and in tune in order to fully benefit from this course. This course welcome new and returning students.
What you need to know before you enrol
The course involves some stretching exercises during the vocal warm ups, however, if you have difficulty in mobility, simply inform the tutor who will endeavour to provide a
What you need
Music will be provided but you will be invited to bring songs you already know to some classes if you would like to. A pencil.
What you can do next
Morley College offers many singing and musicianship courses to explore, there are also Song Writing, Folk Choir and Folk Ensemble classes you can get involved with. Do get in touch with the music department for more information.