Printmaking and Bookbinding
*SPRING 2022. Teaching is delivered by an experienced and qualified tutor, both as a whole class, small group and 1-1 discussions. We have up-to-date digital software to enable us to make real time videos as well as show in –class video demonstrations and external links. We encourage you to take photos of each stage of your work and provide explanations of each stage of construction, support reading the pattern as well as group discussion/ troubleshooting and weekly Q and A with the tutor. In order to ensure you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular constructive and supportive feedback from them. Good attendance and punctuality is crucial. You will not achieve the desired learning outcomes if you cannot attend fully. Please inform your tutor regarding any lateness or absences. There is an experienced and well-staffed Morley IT Department which will assist you setting up for the online course.
All are welcome, suitable for people with some previous experience of using a sewing machine. * SPRING 2022 Access to a working sewing machine at home IS ESSENTIAL. Access to a desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone is also ESSENTIAL You do not need any previous experience of participating an online course. Students must be able to communicate in English, and basic numeracy is an advantage.
• In order to achieve the Learning Outcomes good punctuality and attendance are necessary. Enrolment closes one week before the course commences. This course is held on-line. You will receive an introductory email with guidance in how to access Teams .You will need:
• a reliable internet connection Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
• a computing device such as a laptop or tablet with with webcam & microphone.
• an up to date internet browser installed
• Joining us via Microsoft Teams :
• Each of our online courses has a dedicated group (called a “team”) in Microsoft Teams, for online communication and collaboration between students and course tutors. To access your course, browse to www.office.com and sign in with your Morley College London email address and password. Your e-mail address is your student number followed by "@morley.ac.uk". Once you have signed in, click the?Teams icon to open Microsoft Teams:
• to find your course content, select Teams in the left-hand menu and click the team that has the matching course code in the title
• when it’s time to join your class online, click Meetings in the left-hand menu, then select your next class meeting in the calendar and click Join.
• If you are new to Microsoft Teams, try our?Getting Started Guide our contact our IT Services team for support
* Spring 2022 - THIS COURSE IS TAUGHT ONLINE Please see ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Either a commercial pattern that you would like to tackle or a part-finished garment that you would like to complete Access to a sewing machine and the internet A commercial pattern of ability level to suit you. The length and type of fabric as listed on the back of your pattern A good ruler and tape measure are essential. A dressmaker’s set square is also a good tool to have, but not essential Basic sewing kit (scissors, pins, tape measure, un-picker)
We run a wide range of fashion and design courses including but not limited to Fashion Illustration, Pattern Cutting, Tailoring and Lingerie or general Clothes Making courses for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels. There are also shorter, one and two –day courses such as using an overlocker, zips masterclass, and stretch childrenswear. Please consult the website for more information.