Starts: 5 Sep 2022
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Business
When & Where
- 5 September 2022 - 7 July 2023 ( 510 hours, 35 weeks )
- North Kensington Centre
- All age groups are permitted on this course
- Availability Yes (course free to 16-18 year olds)
- Course Code K22BEFB03A
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- 1 Exploring Business - Internally assessed (Year 1)
- 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign - Externally assessed (Year 1)
- 3 Personal and Business Finance - Externally assessed (Year 1)
- 4 Managing an Event - Internally assessed (Year 1)
- 5 International Business - Internally assessed
- 6 Principles of Management - Externally assessed
- 7 Business Decision Making - Externally assessed
- 8 Recruitment and Selection Process - Internally assessed (Year 1)
- 9 Team Building in Business - Internally assessed
- 14 Investigating Customer Services - Internally assessed (Year 1)
- 17 Digital Marketing - Internally assessed (Year 1)
- 19 Pitching a new Business - Internally assessed
Class format and activities
How am I assessed? External assessed units – the external assessment used for qualifications in Business are: Examinations Set tasks, students take the assessment during a defined window and demonstrate their understanding. Internally assessed units – Students are given appropriate opportunities to Write up their findings of their own research Use case studies to explore complex or unfamiliar situations Carry out projects Demonstrate practical and technical skills using presentations and role plays as appropriate. Synoptic assessment Students are required to demonstrate they can identify and use effectively as appropriate selection of skills, techniques, concepts, theories and knowledge from across the whole sector as relevant to a key task.
If you are aged 16 to 19. You have achieved minimum of 5 GCSEs at 4-5 (Cs) or above OR achieved successfully an appropriate qualification at level 2 qualification, preferably in Business at least a Merit grade. You will be expected to hold 4 or 5 (C) or above in English and Maths. You may be considered (Centre Principal discretion) If you have not yet achieved a grade 4 at GCSE (C), but hold a grade 3 (D) in one subject, English or Maths you will expected to enrol onto an appropriate English and/or Maths course at GCSE and achieve the qualification in the first year to ensure progression onto the second year of the programme.
What you need to know before you enrol
You will have timetabled classes during the week (Mon-Fri), during the daytime. Where possible students will access work experience before the end of their two years programme, to support their employability. Due to Covid-19 restrictions it may not be possible to have some/all students on work placements in 21/22. 15 one-hour whole group tutorials per year with them front loaded in Term 1 to include at least 6 (3 per half term).
What you need
You will be given a book list and will be expected to buy a main text book to support you in your studies. You will be expected to buy stationery (pens and paper) to support you during your studies.
What you can do next
You can progress onto a Business-related degree or a Higher National. Level 3 students can go directly into employment, some examples, such as administration, finance and team leader roles.