Starts: 5 Sep 2022
Pearson BTEC Level 1 / Level 2 in Diploma Business
When & Where
- 5 September 2022 - 7 July 2023 ( 480 hours, 35 weeks )
- North Kensington Centre
- All age groups are permitted on this course
- Availability Yes (course free to 16-18 year olds)
- Course Code K22BEFB02A
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- 1 Enterprise in the Business World - Internally assessed
- 2 Finance for Business - Externally assessed
- 3 Promoting a Brand - Internally assessed
- 9 Principles of Marketing - Externally assessed
- 18 Small Business Planning - Internally assessed
- 19 Introducing Project Management - Internally assessed
- 4 Principles of Customer Services - Internally assessed
- 8 Recruitment, Selection and Employment - Internally assessed
- 11 Building Successful Business Teams - Internally assessed
- 14 Business online - Internally assessed
- 21 Effective Business Communication - Internally assessed
- 23 Planning, Forecasting and Recording Business Finances - Internally assessed
Class format and activities
How am I assessed? The BTEC Diploma has units that will be assessed by the centre (internally) and units that the awarding body will set and mark (externally). You will be graded from Level 2 PP to Level 2 D*D*. Learners who do not achieve at Level 2 may achieve a grade of Level 1 Pass.
If you are aged 16 to 18. You have achieved minimum of 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above OR achieved successfully an appropriate qualification at level 1 You will be expected to hold 3 (D) or above in English and Maths. If you have not yet achieved a grade 4 at GCSE (C) you will expected to enrol onto an appropriate English and/or Maths course at GCSE or Functional Skills dependent upon your entry grade and/or initial assessment.
What you need to know before you enrol
You will have timetabled classes during the week (Mon-Fri), during the day time. Where possible students will access work experience to support their employability. Due to Covid-19 restrictions it may not be possible to have some/all students on work placements in 21/22. 15 one-hour whole group tutorials per year with them front loaded in Term 1 to include at least 6 (3 per half term).
What you need
You will be given a book list and will be expected to buy a main text book to support you in your studies. You will need to have stationery (pens and paper) to support your studies.
What you can do next
Level 3 qualifications in Business or an Apprenticeship