There are other versions of this course available. We’ve listed them below and summarized the differences between the one that you are currently viewing.
Paediatric First Aid
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
- provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
- provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- provide first aid to an infant or a child with suspected head and spinal injuries
- provide first aid to an infant or a child with anaphylaxis
Class format and activities
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid has two units that need to be completed in order to achieve the qualification. The course is delivered over two days using an equal mix of theory and practical activities. Assessment is comprised of seven practical activities and two multiple choice question papers.
You must be at least 16 years old and be able to perform practical tasks at floor level. There are no other formal entry requirements but we would recommend that you have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
What you need to know before you enrol
Due to the practical nature of this course, you will need to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
What you need
No additional equipment is required to complete this course.
What you can do next
Successful Learners will receive a personalised e-Certificate immediately after their results have been submitted. Printed certificates are available at an additional cost. This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years.