Starts: 9 Sep 2021
NCFE CACHE Technical Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explore the role of the Health and Social Care practitioner when working with members of the community.
- learn about a number of interesting areas including growth and development, nutrition, communication and equality and diversity.
- develop practical skills through a placement in a health and social care setting.
- develop working knowledge of current practice and build on your skills to be an effective team member.
- develop your work skills, whether you are looking to specialise in a care setting, or clinical environment.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above who wish to progress on to Higher Education. Learners 19+ very welcome . Five GCSEs with at least grade 4/C in English language and maths and preferably science or a Level 2 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care at C grade or Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner with appropriate English, maths and science qualifications. You will need to have a DBS check to enable you to attend a work placement.
What you need to know before you enrol
A willingness to participate in activities and commitment to completing tasks and assignments independently within deadlines and attend work placement. Throughout the course you will be supported to find a work placement. This could be a care home, hospital, activity day centre to name a few. There are a range of assessments for this qualification, which will include: controlled practical assessments of core skills, course work and assignments to evidence your knowledge base and professional development as well as end of programme written exams. ePortfolio Portfolio Submission - Ecorida is our web based ePortfolio system which allows you and your tutors to manage your assessments online as you progress through the course. Ecordia can be accessed remotely. You can also download the Ecordia App on your smartphone or tablet.
• Completion of Level 1 Mental Health Awareness also form part of this course.
What you need
Laptop or desktop computer for completing and submisison assignments .
Class format and activities
You will study 2 days per week at the Morley college waterloo site with additional work placement hours once established