Starts: 11 Jan 2022
Morley Tanztheater Performance Group
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop an initial idea into a dance sequence or action
- Explore movement related elements through short excursions (movement improvisation, speech etc.)
- Learn material from others and work effectively together as a team
- Perform with expression, precision and passion
Class format and activities
The tutor will set assessment activities involving student exchange of ideas and student self-assessment for all students. Use of other platforms such as Microsoft Stream and Moodle may be used for sharing useful web links, course materials and class news.
Creativity and openness to improvisation are essential for this course. The actual complexity of the generated dance sequences will depend on your personal level and can be adapted. Thus, even if you do not have the best dance technique, you will enjoy and profit from this course. You should join if:
• You want to explore and develop new ways of expressing emotions through movements
• You enjoy working in a team and creating something together
• You want to learn more about composition and choreography
• You like to present work as part of a performance
What you need to know before you enrol
This is a practical dance course so a reasonable level of fitness is needed. If you have any particular learning needs with regard to mobility or any other aspect of working physically, please speak to your tutor so that appropriate adaptations may be made. Excellent attendance and punctuality will be required from all students. This course will include some completion of activities outside of class time, e.g. preparation of favourite exercises to share with fellow students. Photography and film recording of class activities may be used in order to aid learning. These images may also be used for publicity or marketing materials produced by Morley College, both online and in print. You will have the opportunity to either confirm or decline consent to being filmed or photographed. Dance study offers a range of benefits including being an enjoyable way to increase fitness whilst enhancing well-being. Dance practice at Morley can also serve to enhance skills relevant for employment by means of encouraging increased confidence, physical dexterity and concentration.
What you need
• An open mind and creative ideas
• Dance clothes
• Pen and notebook / electronic device
What you can do next
Continue on to the next term of Morley Tanztheater Performance Group and/or Tanztheater Technique. In addition, Morley College offers an exciting and diverse range of dance courses. Please visit our website, pick up a course guide or contact email@example.com for further information.