Starts: 15 Jan 2022
Mixing to Mastering
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the correct order of applying processing and effects to optimise each process.
- Confidently apply EQ, compression and effects at advanced levels.
- Identify the differences between software and hardware equipment and how you can successfully emulate hardware compressors.
- Break down professional mixes to learn directly from the engineers you admire.
- Enhance your vocals and remedy flaws using doubling, de-essing, EQing, compressing, and spatialising.
Class format and activities
Practical workshops Class discussion of listening assignments. Taking notes during lectures and audiovisual presentations Group and individual projects
Completion of Mixing and Mastering Level 1, Sound Engineering, Logic Intermediate or equivalent experience. Access outside of class to Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase is highly recommended. A strong interest in music. Some experience of using Apple computers would be an advantage, but support during class will be given. Computer skills, file management, etc.
What you need to know before you enrol
Due to the nature of the instruments/content of the course you might be exposed to high volume levels. We strongly encourage everyone to bring a pair of ear plugs to every lesson.
What you need
Pen and paper to take notes A USB memory stick to save your work Your own music / music by others to mix (This can be provided if necessary.) Handouts and materials given by the tutor
What you can do next
Mixing and Mastering Level 3 Sound Engineering & Studio Production Sound Synthesis