Starts: 15 Apr 2021
Mini Course Chinese Mandarin Stage 1 Unit 1
When & Where
- 25 February 2021 - 25 March 2021 ( 7.5 hours, 5 weeks )
- View course timetable
- Adults / 19+
- Availability Late starts accepted
- Tutor Huiying Huang
- Course Code LCM028A
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use basic greetings, e.g. Hello and How are you?
- Use numbers (0-100) and write the Chinese characters (0-10)
- Introduce yourself and your family and talk about family members
- Tell the time and date (use days of the week and months of the year)
- Make basic requests
- Recognise and write about 210 Chinese characters
The course is aimed at complete beginners. Learners should have the enthusiasm and the desire to listen, speak, read and write in Chinese.
What you need to know before you enrol
Regular work is given to be done at home to support and consolidate your learning. You should therefore dedicate some time for this on a weekly basis. The tutor uses Moodle to post material from the lesson and help you prepare for the forthcoming lesson. It is important that you have access to a computer for the duration of the course and that you consult Moodle at least once a week.
What you need
If required, a course book will be negotiated at the start of term. Please bring your own device, and a notebook and file to each lesson.
Class format and activities
Practise speaking, listening, reading and writing., Learning through practical activities (individual tasks, role-plays, pair and small group work and games)., Writing basic Chinese words and short sentences (e.g. gap-filling and grammar exercises), Following and giving simple presentations., Listening for gist or basic information., Revising topics and key language points.,