Starts: 26 Apr 2022
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop skills in choral singing, such as following and implementing the conductor's instructions
- Broaden your knowledge of the choral repertoire, and awareness of different styles and performance practice.
- Sing choral repertoire with more confidence.
- Demonstrate greater confidence in reading/following music and text, and improve sight-singing.
- Understand pronunciation rules in some common languages of the choral genre, such as German and Latin where applicable.
- Be part of a group which is bound by the joy of singing classical choral repertoire.
Class format and activities
• A range of physical and vocal warm-ups
• Musicianship exercises
• Sectional and tutti rehearsals of the repertoire with the tutor conducting from the piano
Although sight-reading is not necessary, you will be encouraged to follow the music and the text
What you need to know before you enrol
As a member of the choir, you will be expected to purchase your own copies of the music directly through available sellers.
What you need
Your own copies of the music (see above), a pencil for marking on the score and taking notes
What you can do next
In addition to its range of choirs, Morley College offers many singing and musicianship courses. Solo Singing 2 represents an ideal beginner class for those who wished to experiment with singing solo. There are also classes in reading music and sight-reading, which could be attended in conjunction with singing in the Meridian Choir