Starts: 28 Sep 2023
HND Photography (part-time)
When & Where
- 28 September 2023 - 12 June 2025 ( 240 hours, 30 weeks )
- Chelsea Centre
- Availability Yes
- Course Code C23PGYF21A
- Suitable For 19 year olds and up are permitted on this course
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyse the characteristics of photographic images in different contexts and effectively use camera techniques to communicate thought-provoking concepts through image making
- Create innovative images using a range of up to date post-production techniques
- Apply darkroom techniques effectively to produce high quality Black and White prints
- Use advance studio lighting techniques to produce impactful photographs
- Present a strong photographic portfolio in an online platform
On successful completion of the course, you will achieve the following qualification: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design [EDEXCEL]
Class format and activities
Active learning through workshop-based teaching in our state of the art studio and darkroom Access to 24 -7 learning, supported by dynamic online live and recorded resources Enriched learning with a range of study visits to museums and galleries Regularly reviewed progress towards achieving the learning outcomes One -to-one support and constructive feedback to develop the skills and confidence to succeed independently End of year exhibition
Applicants should have previously completed a level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC) programme, as the Higher National Diploma (HND) is a continuation of the HNC course. GCSEs, grade 4/C or above, in Maths and English (or an equivalent level of qualification) is desirable. You will also need to have a digital portfolio of your own photographic work that you will present/discuss in your interview.
Before you enrol
This course requires study/completion of activities outside of class time.
What you need
Professionalism, a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to collaborate with others. You will need to own a DSLR, or mirrorless camera and have access to a computer.
What you can do next
Once you complete this course you could progress to the BA Top Up, or could apply for a Masters degree in University. Alternatively, you can start your own photography business, or seek employment as a photographer.