There are other versions of this course available. We’ve listed them below and summarized the differences between the one that you are currently viewing.
Your tutor will be mentoring, guiding and helping you throughout this practical course that includes:
• using voice and speech
• creating material from an emotional approach using storytelling elements and gestures In order to ensure you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular constructive and supportive feedback from your tutor. In addition to your dance practice, study can include the use of digital resources such as film & photography, useful websites and connection with online communities of interest via social media to enhance your learning. Dance study offers a range of benefits including being an enjoyable way to increase fitness whilst enhancing wellbeing. Dance practice at Morley can also serve to enhance skills relevant for employment by means of encouraging increased confidence, physical dexterity and concentration.
Creativity and openness to improvisation are essential for this course. The actual complexity of the generated dance sequences will depend on your personal level and can be adapted. Thus, even if you do not have the best dance technique, you will enjoy and profit from this course. You should join if:
• you always felt that you have creative ideas but never found a way to put them into a shape
• you are at the beginning of your career as a dancer / choreographer
• you want to explore new ways of expressing emotions through movements
• you enjoy working in a team and creating something together
• you want to learn more about composition and choreography
• you like to present work as part of a performance
This is a practical dance course so a reasonable level of fitness is needed. If you have any particular learning needs with regard to mobility or any other aspect of working physically, please speak to your tutor so that appropriate adaptations may be made. Excellent attendance and punctuality will be required from all students. This course will include some completion of activities outside of class time, e.g. preparation of favourite exercises to share with fellow students. Photography and film recording of class activities may be used in order to aid learning. These images may also be used for publicity or marketing materials produced by Morley College, both online and in print. You will have the opportunity to either confirm or decline consent to being filmed or photographed.
• An open mind and creative ideas
• Dance clothes
• Pen and notebook / electronic device
Morley College offers an exciting and diverse range of dance courses. Please visit our website, pick up a course guide or contact email@example.com for further information.