Starts: 13 Apr 2022
Folk Singing Online B
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Present a variety of folk songs as a solo in class
- Perform with greater confidence
- Develop aural and musical skills by learning by ear
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to interpret folk songs and express them in your own way
- Present songs in the folk style with some awareness of their context
- Demonstrate an understanding of some of the basic principles of vocal technique
Class format and activities
Group exercises and vocal warm ups. Singing in front of class members (in a master-class format) Listening to and appreciating other students’ performances.
You should be able to sing in time and in tune in order to fully benefit from this course.
What you need to know before you enrol
The course involves some stretching exercises during the vocal warm ups, however, if you have difficulty in mobility, simply inform the tutor who will endeavour to provide a tailor-made variation.
What you need
Full instructions and technological support will be given for online based classes. Music will be provided but you will be invited to bring songs you already know to some classes if you would like to. A pencil.
What you can do next
Morley College offers many singing and musicianship courses with Solo Folk Singing Advanced A being the next step after Solo Folk Singing C. You might like to consider singing as part of a group e.g. Morley Voices, Morley Choral Society, Folk Choir or Morley College Choir.