Starts: 24 Feb 2022
Essential Digital Skills for Work – Level 1
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Using devices and handling information
- Being responsible and staying safe online
- Online shopping safely
- Communicating online, including using social media
- Creating and editing documents
Class format and activities
Classes will be delivered in the classroom at the Waterloo site, typical activities will include: Whole group teaching, Group activities, Practical exercises, Demonstrations, 1-1 Support and guidance. Assessment methods will include, ongoing formal/informal tutor assessment and self-assessment. Teaching will be delivered using Microsoft Office 365 and other web based learning resources such as YouTube videos, online quizzes. It is essential that you have an email account. At the end of the course, students will be expected to sit the Essential Digital Skills Qualification Exam at Entry Level 3 or Level 1.
All new students will be invited to take an initial assessment and interviewed to check their current skills. Required literacy/ ESOL Level is E3. Familiarity with using the keyboard, email and the Internet.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course runs once a week (two hours per lesson), students are expected to attend every lesson.
• A minimum of 95% attendance and punctuality are required from all students.
• This course requires some personal study time in addition to the completion of homework. It is important that students have access to a computer outside of class in order to complete these activities.
What you need
This course requires study/completion of homework, reflection and personal studies outside of class time, you must set time aside for these activities, an average of 3 hours per week is recommended. You will need the following programs installed on your device:
• Internet Explore
• Microsoft Outlook
What you can do next
Progression onto ECDL Level 1 /Level 2, Employment opportunities