Starts: 5 Jul 2022
Confidence Through Acting Workshop
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn why your body reacts the way it does in a stressful situation and how to deal with these nerves.
- Understand how to dispel nervous tension, gain greater vocal projection and focus concentration through a physical and vocal warm-up.
- Have fun experimenting with physicality, yours and others.
- Gain a better understanding of body-language and non-verbal communication.
- Learn about your voice and how best to use it.
- Learn how a simple piece of text can be given meaning by context and intention.
- Try on different characters and explore how they feel.
Class format and activities
Mode of delivery: in-centre with social distancing. We will experiment with how you walk, how you hold yourself and how you sound. Together we can help you to create the first impression you want. In order to ensure you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular constructive and supportive feedback from your tutor.
Good level of spoken and written English
What you need to know before you enrol
Excellent attendance and punctuality will be required from all students. This course will include some completion of activities outside of class time, e.g. preparation of favourite exercises to share with fellow students. Study can include the use of digital resources such as film & photography, useful websites and connection with online communities of interest via social media to enhance your learning. Photography and film recording of class activities may be used in order to aid learning. These images may also be used for publicity or marketing materials produced by Morley College, both online and in print. You will have the opportunity to either confirm or decline consent to being filmed or photographed.
What you need
Water, note book and pen, comfortable clothes