Starts: 13 Sep 2021
Chartered Institute of IT Level 2 ECDL Certificate in ICT User Skills
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- gain a BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
- use Word processing software to: manipulate and format text, insert and manipulate images within a document, import objects and graphics, use mail merge tools, create manipulate and format tables, preview and print documents.
- use Spreadsheet software to: understand the basic concepts of spreadsheets, insert and format data
- use Presentation software to: create, format, modify and prepare presentations using different slide layouts, duplicate and move text, images, charts
- Improve productively using IT. You will develop your skills to: plan, evaluate and improve procedures involving the use of IT tools and systems in order to improve procedures involving the use if IT tools and systems in order to improve the productivity.
Class format and activities
This will be a practical, predominately, centre based course. There will be an opportunity to work online using Microsoft Teams and Moodle - the college's VLE platform. Most work is individualised, although learners are encouraged to work in pairs and or small groups. It will be a relaxed working learning environment and step by step learning will help you become more skilled. You will have lots of opportunities to ask questions and address areas you need help in. You will need to practise outside the classroom.
This is a Level 2 course for students at intermediate level. All students should have completed ECDL Level 1 or an equivalent IT Course and or have relevant IT experience. You will need an interview and assessment if you are new to Morley College before enrolling on this course.
What you need to know before you enrol
Students will also be expected to complete homework. Excellent attendance and punctuality, is required by all students.
What you need
You will need a USB/Memory stick and a folder.
What you can do next
There are a variety of other courses you could do, either at the same time or following the successful completion of this course. The immediate progress is ECDL Advanced (Level 3 ITQ Certificate) but there are also other pathways including training for a career as an IT technician or you can follow a pathway into digital graphic and media.