Starts: 9 Feb 2022
Chartered Institute of IT Level 2 ECDL Certificate in ICT User Skills
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Word processing: create word-processed documents, entering text, editing and formatting work, using graphs, tables and pictures for a professional finish, and effectively using tools such as the spell-checker and mail merge.
- Spreadsheet software: develop a working knowledge of spreadsheets, from entering data and formatting Excel worksheets, to creating charts and producing high-quality workbooks.
- Presentation software: produce high-quality presentations using a variety of PowerPoint tools, including charts, graphs and drawn objects.
- Improving productivity using IT: work more effectively with IT. This unit looks at using tools to save time and effort when producing word processed documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
Class format and activities
In-centre tuition at the Waterloo Centre will be adopted for this course. Before the beginning of the course, you may be invited to pre-induction informal sessions at the college to get to know your teacher and your peers.
• Achievement on your course will be measured by completion of an online BCS course bundle in parallel to a variety of online and offline assignments for the four modules. On completion of each module, you will be required to sit a mock exam followed by a formal BCS examination.
• The qualification gained after successfully completing the four modules is BCS ECDL Extra (Level 2 Certificate for IT Users/ITQ.) It is accredited on both the QCF (England and Wales) and SCQF (Scotland) framework.
• Your progress towards achieving the learning outcomes will be reviewed throughout the course. At the start of the course, you will have an opportunity to discuss these with your tutor and set your own personal targets, linked to the learning outcomes and your future goals i.e. progression onto another course. Microsoft Teams will be used as the main platform for remote learning. You will also be given access to: A student email account to access Ms Teams and keep in touch with your tutor Office 365 student subscription for the whole duration of your course, with a chance to download and use Microsoft apps for your desktop such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Ms Teams The BCS course bundle The course Moodle account, interactive learning resources and quizzes will be shared with you on MS Teams during each lesson. In order to ensure you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular constructive and supportive feedback from your tutor.
• This course is for anyone who has successfully completed ITQ Level 1 ECDL Essentials, or for individuals with general IT and English skills at level 1 or above. You must have some experience of using a variety of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel at a basic level.
• This course is also suitable to those who have intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel or PowerPoint and would like to extend their practical skills and productivity in a work-like environment, and gain a qualification recognised across the UK and EU workplaces.
• All new candidates will be invited to take an initial assessment followed by interview to check their current skills and if they are suitable for this course.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course runs once a week (three hours per lesson), students are expected to attend every lesson.
• A minimum of 95% attendance and punctuality are required from all students.
• This course requires some personal study time in addition to the completion of homework. It is important that students have access to a computer outside of class in order to complete these activities.
What you need
You will need to make sure the following apps are installed in your device:
• Word Processing
What you can do next
ECDL Advanced or any level 3/advanced ICT course in Word processing, Spreadsheets or Presentations. General administration work in an office or a variety of office administration skills/ business administration courses