Starts: 18 Jan 2022
Certificate in IT User Skills (ICDL Advanced) (ITQ)
When & Where
- 12 September 2022 - 30 June 2023 ( 179 hours, 36 weeks )
- North Kensington Centre
- 19 year olds and up are permitted on this course
- Availability Yes
- Course Code K22ITCB06A
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- • Word Processing - This module sets out advanced skills that can be used to produce complex documents, enhance outputs, and improve productivity, when using a word processing application.
- • Spreadsheet Software - This module sets out advanced skills that can be used to produce sophisticated reports, to perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, and to improve productivity using a spreadsheet application.
- • Presentation Software - This module sets out advanced knowledge relating to planning and designing presentations, as well as the skills needed to produce advanced presentation outputs using a presentation application.
- • Database Software - This module sets out advanced skills to use a database application to better manage and organise information.
- • Improving Productivity - Using IT in this module facilitates the application of knowledge and skills gained through the previous modules in order to develop solutions that make a demonstrable improvement to the use of IT tools and systems. Read more
Class format and activities
About ICDL Advanced in IT This is a comprehensive, advanced qualification that will enhance learner’s productivity with IT skills going forward in their studies and careers. The qualification comprises of five modules:
• Word Processing Software
• Spreadsheet Software
• Presentation Software
• Database Software
• Improving Productivity Using IT
Basic to intermediate level of competence in using IT software Who is it for? The qualification has been designed for people using technology:
• at work - upskilling / retraining
• in education - students
• returners to work
• job seekers
• personal career development You ideally completed an appropriate Level 2 IT User qualification. Your literacy and numeracy needs to be at Level 2. This qualification is suitable for anyone;
• seeking to develop their IT skills to an advanced level in order to become a department expert in their workplace
• wishing to undertake professional development as part of seeking a new job opportunity
• currently studying who wishes to develop their practical IT skills in preparation for the working environment or who are looking to progress onto higher level qualifications Successfully completing this qualification will equip individuals with the advanced skills and knowledge required to be able to identify ways to improve productivity through the identification of use of suitable IT tools and processes which support the completion of specific tasks, which help to minimise the need for manual processes or duplication of tasks, and which enable others to work more efficiently - ensuring a greater level of accuracy and productivity is achieved overall.
What you need to know before you enrol
Successfully completing this qualification will equip individuals with the advanced skills and knowledge required to be able to identify ways to improve productivity through the identification of use of suitable IT tools and processes which support the completion of specific tasks, which help to minimise the need for manual processes or duplication of tasks, and which enable others to work more efficiently - ensuring a greater level of accuracy and productivity is achieved overall. 24 UCAS points to aid entry into university. Fully funded through National Skills Fund: The level 3 adult offer is part of the Lifetime Skills Guarantee announced by the Prime Minister in September 2020, effective from April 2021.
What you need
You need to be digital skills enthusiast. You may have to purchase a text book to help support you on the course. You will need provide your own stationery, a folder, pens and paper.
What you can do next
This may include progression onto a Level 4 Apprenticeship or Level 4 Higher Education Qualification. Following completion of this qualification learners may wish to consider exploring other qualifications or pathways available from BCS that enable them to specialise in areas such as data management or cyber security.