Starts: 29 Sep 2022
BTEC HND in Photography
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply research and planning techniques, to develop a photographic strategy, in response to briefs that explore current trends in photography
- Analyse the characteristics of photographic images in different contexts and effectively use camera techniques to communicate thought-provoking concepts through image making
- Use studio lighting and post-production techniques to produce impactful photographs
- Apply darkroom techniques effectively to produce high quality B and W prints that explore the relationship between technique and bespoke output
- Create and present a strong photographic portfolio in an online platform
Class format and activities
Active learning through workshop-based teaching in our state of the art studio and darkroom Access to 24 -7 learning, supported by dynamic online live and recorded resources Enriched learning with a range of study visits to museums and galleries Regularly reviewed progress towards achieving the learning outcomes One -to-one support and constructive feedback to develop the skills and confidence to succeed independently End of year exhibition Assessment Methods: Your work will be assessed at the end of each project.
Applicants should have previously completed a level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC) programme, as the Higher National Diploma (HND) is a continuation of the HNC course. GCSEs, grade 4/C or above, in Maths and English (or an equivalent level of qualification) is desirable. For non-native English speakers, an IELTS 5.5 is required. You will also need to have a digital portfolio of your own photographic work that you will present/discuss in your interview.
What you need to know before you enrol
This course requires study/completion of activities outside of class time.
What you need
Professionalism, a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to collaborate with others. You will need to have a DSLR, or mirrorless camera and have access to a computer.
What you can do next
Once you complete this course you could continue your studies and attend a BA Top Up, or a Masters course in University. Alternatively, you can start your own photographic business, or seek employment as a photographer.