Starts: 18 Jan 2022
BCS Level 3 Certificate IT User Skills (ECDL Advanced) (ITQ)
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Word Processing <br> This module sets out advanced skills that can be used to produce complex documents, enhance outputs, and improve productivity, when using a word processing application.
- Spreadsheet Software <br> This module sets out advanced skills that can be used to produce sophisticated reports, to perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, and to improve productivity using a spreadsheet application.
- Presentation Software <br> This module sets out advanced knowledge relating to planning and designing presentations, as well as the skills needed to produce advanced presentation outputs using a presentation application.
- Database Software <br> This module sets out advanced skills to use a database application to better manage and organise information.
- Improving Productivity <br> Using IT This module facilitates the application of knowledge and skills gained through the previous modules in order to develop solutions that make a demonstrable improvement to the use of IT tools and systems.
Basic to intermediate level of competence in using IT software Who is it for? The qualification has been designed for people using technology:
• at work - upskilling / retraining
• in education - students
• returners to work
• job seekers
• personal career development
What you need to know before you enrol
Successfully completing this qualification will equip individuals with the advanced skills and knowledge required to be able to identify ways to improve productivity through the identification of use of suitable IT tools and processes which support the completion of specific tasks, which help to minimise the need for manual processes or duplication of tasks, and which enable others to work more efficiently - ensuring a greater level of accuracy and productivity is achieved overall. 24 UCAS points to aid entry into university Fully funded through National Skills Fund: The level 3 adult offer is part of the Lifetime Skills Guarantee announced by the Prime Minister in September 2020, effective from April 2021.
What you can do next
This may include progression onto a Level 4 Apprenticeship or Level 4 Higher Education Qualification. Following completion of this qualification learners may wish to consider exploring other qualifications or pathways available from BCS that enable them to specialise in areas such as data management or cyber security.