Jewellery: Mixed Levels
When and Where
- 23 Apr 2019 - 9 Jul 2019 (33 hours, 11 weeks)
- Days and times
- Tuesday 13:30 - 16:30
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- £325 Staged Payments available
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course is full. Register or log in to join the waiting list.
- Louise Seijen Ten Hoorn
- Course code
What you will learn
Learn a wide range of jewellery making techniques and work confidently with a range of materials such as precious metals, stones and plastics. Contemporary trends will be explored through research and design development
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Acquire a number of basic techniques and skills, e.g., sawing, filing, soldering, polishing or add a new skill each term.
- Respond to a design brief and to complete the design.
- Perform and improve the skills required to design and make your own jewellery.
- Extract, interpret and work accurately with numerical data
- Develop problem solving skills in order to identify solutions in new situations
Class format and activities
Teaching is on a group or individual basis as appropriate Discussions are encouraged. All students will have an individual learning plan to record progress.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular and detailed feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
It is an advantage if students have an interest or an experience in the Arts + Crafts and a wish to make Jewellery
What you need to know before you enrol
The jewellery studio is on the 3rd floor of the main building, there is lift access. You need a moderate level of fitness to use jewellery making equipment. Some chemicals used may be harmful in pregnancy. Please let the tutor know if you are pregnant and they will advise you as to necessary precautions. For health and safety reasons please wear sturdy shoes- no sandals.
What you will need for your class
All students will need to keep a record of their work in a sketch book, visual research, design ideas drawings photos magazine articles should all be kept in sketch book. Students will be expected to buy precious materials for their projects (e.g. silver, silver solder, saw blades). A comprehensive list of these and suppliers will be provided on the first lesson.