Pre Foundation in Art
When and Where
- 26 Apr 2019 - 19 Jul 2019 (72 hours, 12 weeks)
- Days and times
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00
- Morley College London
- Full fee
- £710 Staged Payments available
- Concession fee
- Senior fee
- This course has started but late enrolments are accepted.
- Alexandra Harley, Gillian Melling, Paul Dixon, Sarita Agar
- Course code
What you will learn
A structured introduction to drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking and sculpture through practical projects. Develop your skills, use a sketchbook and build a portfolio of work for application to University or for the Morley Art Foundation Diploma. Entry to the course is by interview/ portfolio.
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Use a sketchbook for research purposes, for drawing, collecting and trying out ideas
- Use different fine art media to explore visual language
- Develop ideas in 2 and 3D
- Develop research skills in both a historical and practical context
- Use different ways of exploring and discussing your own work and that of your peers
- Put together a portfolio of work for application to Art Foundation or other further study
Class format and activities
The course is structured around 2 & 3D fine art processes - printmaking, sculpture, painting, drawing and mixed media. You are encouraged to develop your own methods and ways of working and to explore your own visual language. You will be instructed in the use of a variety of tools, techniques and materials and encouraged to experiment and try out ideas. There is a mixture of group teaching, group projects and individual projects. It is expected that you will work outside college in particular on building your sketchbook and personal research.
In order to ensure that you make the best possible progress on your course, you will have regular feedback from your tutor, in a constructive and supportive environment.
Entry to the course is by application form and tutor approval.
To apply or for more information please contact the Visual & Digital Arts Department Administrator 020 7450 1934 or email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to know before you enrol
There are 5 RFSA bursaries available towards fees for people on low incomes. To apply or for more information please contact the Visual & Digital Arts Department Administrator 0207 450 1934 or email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will need for your class
You will receive a comprehensive materials list on acceptance to the course.
What you can do next
The course is designed to allow you to prepare a portfolio for access to further education courses, in particular an Art Foundation Course at Morley College or elsewhere.